camel-dev mailing list archives

From SimonT <>
Subject Sandboxing a Groovy script processor?
Date Mon, 23 Dec 2013 13:01:10 GMT
We provide a hosted integration product and we'd like to replace the
internals of this product with Camel.

I've spent some time trying to figure out a way of allowing our users to add
processing steps to our product using Groovy via an online editor.  The
users are technical and currently have access to a rich DSL making the
scripts much shorter and more readable.

To ensure the scripts can not damage our system or the environment of other
users we have sandboxed Groovy.  Is this something that is possible with
Camel already or could we plug our sandbox into Camel?

I've a blog and some code on GitHub outlining what it is:

I'd appreciate your thoughts on my efforts so far and how I may adapt this
for use with Camel in a multi user hosted service.