camel-dev mailing list archives

From Aki Yoshida <elak...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NettyHttpProducer Request URI
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2013 13:19:53 GMT
Hi Willem,
I agree with you that netty should use the path.
but what is the benefit of using the full url? I guess the http 1.1
was changed to allow the full url so that the proxy doesn't need to
rewrite the request, could it be? in that case, that will be another
argument for the client to be actually using the path instead of the
url in this case.

regards, aki

2013/11/7 Willem jiang <willem.jiang@gmail.com>:
> Hi team,
>
> I just found NettyHttpProducer sets the Request URI with the absoluteURI like
>
> GET http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/TheProject.html.
>
> But I found HttpClient set the Request URI with absolutePath like
>
> GET /pub/WWW/TheProject.html
> Host: www.w3.org
>
> From the HTTP1.1 RFC[1], these two Request URI are all OK. But for my experience it could
be better if NettyHttpProducer can just set the Request URI with absolutePath.
> In this way, the request can be proxied without changing anything. Such as I can use
TCPMonitor the check the request and response between the NettyHttpProducer and back end server
without changing anything.