camel-dev mailing list archives

From Colm O hEigeartaigh <cohei...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XML Signature DataFormat
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2013 15:05:59 GMT
Hi Claus,

I hadn't actually seen that JIRA when I wrote my original mail. An
immediate question that comes to mind on looking at the patch is whether we
care about roughly aligning the configuration of the new functionality with
the existing "XML Security" DataFormat?

For example, the supplied patch uses configuration that looks like
"xmlsecurity:sign://enveloping?keyAccessor=#accessor", whereas the existing
component uses ".marshal().secureXML(.....)". Should the new functionality
be implemented as a DataFormat as well, or does this not matter?

Colm.

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 2:52 PM, Claus Ibsen <claus.ibsen@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> There is this ticket. I assume its likely related to your proposal
>
> As it was a big patch and also we should double check that the source
> code is fully ASF acceptable. I think there is some schema files or
> whatnot copied from SUN/Oracle which may be a problem? Though haven't
> had the time to dive in.
>
> Would be great if you had the time to check the patch on the ticket,
> and maybe align with your work.
>

> On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 3:47 PM, Colm O hEigeartaigh
> <coheigea@apache.org> wrote:
> > Would the Camel community be interested in a XML Signature DataFormat? It
> > would be quite similar to the existing XML Security DataFormat, except
> that
> > it would offer XML Signature instead of XML Encryption. Both could be
> used
> > together to support "sign-before-encrypt" or "encrypt-before-sign" type
> of
> > functionality.
> >
> > I have implemented a prototype, but don't want to waste any more time in
> > case there are any objections?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Colm.
> >

> > --