camel-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Matèrne (jhm) <apa...@materne.de>
Subject AW: [IDEA] - Having a parent maven pom.xml for only the dependency versions
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2013 20:05:33 GMT
> >>intention here in this thread is  the other way around, that's extract
> >>them out!

I dont think so.
Reading Claus post again:
http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/IDEA-Having-a-parent-maven-pom-xml-for-onl
y-the-dependency-versions-td5737322.html
"This would make it easier for ppl to see what are the version changes
between any two Camel versions, but just diff the 2 files?

And also we could just have such a link in the release notes so we
dont have to manually keep all the versions upgrades in the release
notes up to date as well."

That means (to me):
- simple text file containing the version numbers and their names
- that text file must not be manually maintained; it must be part of the
build(system)

That does not mean (to me) that this file has to be the source for the build
system.
Generating that file from the existing poms would also be possible - and
after my failing tests with Maven - the better solution.

Generation could be done
- Maven properties plugin
- XSLT and the like (pom --> txt)
- Maven Dependency plugin