camel-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CANCEL][VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.11.0
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2013 02:34:37 GMT

On Apr 8, 2013, at 10:22 PM, Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbarcea@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would have voted -0.5 for this release because of the tag issue. I did test camel-2.11.0
with the Talend ESB and it went well.

> Thinking about it I think the problem lies with the release:prepare phase which should
check for the existence of the tag, because of the different behavior of svn copy (when the
destination does not exist, it copies the source as the destination, but if it does it creates
a copy within the destination folder). While the last release:prepare copies the files under
the trunk/ subdir, the release:perform phase that follows checks out and build the parent
tag folder.

> Because of that I would suggest that release:prepare should fail if the tag exists. I
am tempted to open an issue with the maven release plugin.

This is one of the things I had been trying to get Olivier to fix for a while.  :-)

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-165

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp