camel-dev mailing list archives

From Hadrian Zbarcea <>
Subject Re: [CANCEL][VOTE] Release Apache Camel 2.11.0
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2013 02:22:21 GMT
I would have voted -0.5 for this release because of the tag issue. I did
test camel-2.11.0 with the Talend ESB and it went well.

Thinking about it I think the problem lies with the release:prepare
phase which should check for the existence of the tag, because of the
different behavior of svn copy (when the destination does not exist, it
copies the source as the destination, but if it does it creates a copy
within the destination folder). While the last release:prepare copies
the files under the trunk/ subdir, the release:perform phase that
follows checks out and build the parent tag folder.

Because of that I would suggest that release:prepare should fail if the
tag exists. I am tempted to open an issue with the maven release plugin.

On 04/08/2013 04:59 PM, Christian Müller wrote:
> -1
> I cancel this vote because of the issue with the tag. I will redo this
> release now...
> Best,
> Christian
> On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 4:11 PM, Hadrian Zbarcea <> wrote:
>> - No idea how/why Maven generated this folder:
>> My guess would be that Christian had some trouble with release:prepare and
>> redid it without removing the tag. Happened to me before and I had to redo
>> the release.
>> Hadrian

View raw message