camel-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject [HEADS UP] - Configuring passwords in Camel endpoints is now easier with new RAW syntax
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2013 16:03:20 GMT

Configuring passwords directly in the Camel endpoint uris can be a bit
more tricky if the password contains signs such as + & or other

As those symbols would be URI decimal encoded.

So inspired by our camel-jasypt component

Which allows to use an ENC(secret stuff here) syntax to encrypt some
content in the uris, eg also for passwords etc.

We now have a new RAW(value) syntax as well for endpoint URI options.

So if you have the password

Then you can tell Camel to use the value as is as shown below:

You can see more details here:

I wanted to use the same syntax as we already use, eg for
camel-jasypt, and hence went for RAW(value).
And I didn't want to introduce a syntax that was to similar to
property placeholders, using some kind of [[ ]] tokens.  And hence
settled for RAW(value).

All the tests passes with this change.
And there is also a new ftp unit test where we use a password that
would fail in earlier Camel releases.

And it should be possible to backport the change to Camel 2.10 branch,
if the community thinks its a good idea. Which it could be as this is
already a problem for people today to set their passwords in Camel
2.10, eg as reported here:

For now the commit is on trunk for the upcoming Camel 2.11 release.

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Twitter: davsclaus