camel-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Pavlovich <mattr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 3.0 Ideas
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2013 16:32:29 GMT
I agree, there are a ton of people using the jms component. My thinking is that if 3.0 is for
breakage, than lets get the breakage over with.  Line up how we'd like components to look
for moving forward, and people migrating could convert to the "legacy" component for compatibility.
I think clean component names makes for a better user experience, especially for first-time
users.

For example:
jms ->  jms-spring (or other)
sjms -> jms
http -> http3
http4 -> http

The 'http3' and 'jms-spring' components would be an easy change to folks that want to migrate
existing routes w/o having to change re-test, and new projects on 3.0 are "clean".

My $0.02.

Thanks,
Matt Pavlovich

On Mar 18, 2013, at 9:51 PM, Willem jiang <willem.jiang@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm afraid it is not easy to do that, as there a lots of people using the jms component.
> It could be same with http component (http client 3.x).
> BTW, ahc,http and http4 component are using same code in their own module, I think we
add the http-common module to let them share the same code.

> --
> Willem Jiang
>
> Red Hat, Inc.
> FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
> Web: http://www.fusesource.com | http://www.redhat.com
> Blog: http://willemjiang.blogspot.com (http://willemjiang.blogspot.com/) (English)
>          http://jnn.iteye.com (http://jnn.javaeye.com/) (Chinese)
> Twitter: willemjiang
> Weibo: 姜宁willem
>

> On Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 8:38 AM, Matt Pavlovich wrote:
>
>> If all goes well with the sjms component conversion, could we drop the old component
completely and rename sjms -> jms?

(mailto:chris@cxtsoftware.com)>

(mailto:chris@cxtsoftware.com)>

transactions