camel-dev mailing list archives

From Henryk Konsek <hekon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Camel 3 discussion] Components releases
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2013 15:22:01 GMT
> But aren't there situations today where people might not be able to update camel?

These situations are minor ones comparing to the size of
incompatibility that will be caused by introducing components not
supported by the committers team.

> No need to stop working on select components and either release them together with core
or put them in the marketplace.

If we encourage users to take advantage of marketplace, then we
encourage them to use unstable components as well. That's the problem.

> You are right - components are what people are interested in.
> But the number of components will not shrink if there is no decision to abandon some
of them.

The question is do we really need to abandon them? The majority of the
components don't need extra care between releases.

--
Henryk Konsek
http://henryk-konsek.blogspot.com