camel-dev mailing list archives

From Henryk Konsek <hekon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Shared static members in components
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2013 08:02:00 GMT
Hi Charles,

> What you suggest corresponds to what we have done for "direct-vm" component

Yes, I'm aware that vm and vm-direct components handle static
references. I'm just wondering if this approach has any drawbacks or
corner cases (probably OSGI-related) I'm not aware of. I don't want to
reinvent the wheel and fall into some pitfalls you guys have already
discovered some time ago.

> Remark : If you plan to share data using a cache, then a solution based on
> camel-cache, camel-hazelcast, hazelcast, ... could be also the way to go.

Cache was just an example of some shared state :) . In real
life-solution I would definitely prefer delegation to dedicated cache
component, just as you suggested.

--
Henryk Konsek
http://henryk-konsek.blogspot.com