camel-dev mailing list archives

From Bilgin Ibryam <>
Subject Seda component not handing over the completions
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2013 17:12:33 GMT

I have a route where I consume from a file endpoint and put them in VM
endpoint, so that another camel route from different camel app can process
it a little later asynchronously.

The file endpoint has move=processed for removing the processed files, but
even the exchanges are delivered to VM endpoint, the exchange is not
considered completed, so the original file stays locked and cannot process
other files before I start the second camel application and process the
exchanges from VM endpoint.

SEDA has waitForTaskToComplete option, which controls whether the caller
should wait for the async task to complete or not before continuing. But
even when waitForTaskToComplete=Never is set, the completions are handed
over to VM queue, so it is not possible to complete the exchange.

Is there a way to complete the exchange when it is put in VM queue? Or
there is a possibility for extending SEDA component with additional option
for not handling over the completions when waitForTaskToComplete=Never is