camel-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Scala components in ASF Camel
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 15:11:34 GMT
On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 3:55 PM, Henryk Konsek <> wrote:
>> +1 I like this proposal.
> I'll create the GitHub organization called 'camel-marketplace'. Then
> I'll create 'camel-scala' and 'camel-scala-extra' projects under its
> umbrella. If anybody of you want to be added as an administrator to
> the 'camel-marketplace' organization, please just drop me a line.
> All the contributions to the 'camel-scala' will be released under
> Apache license. Contributions under incompatible licenses will be
> committed to 'camel-scala-extra'.
> After I create the projects together with some nice homepages for
> them, I'll add appropriate references to the Camel Contributing [1]
> and Camel Components [1] pages. From this point forward we could refer
> to these projects as to the official home for the Camel components
> written in Scala.
> The versioning and the life cycle of Scala communities will be
> synchronized with ASF Camel release the same way as Camel Extra is.
> What do you think?

Got a little wifi time. I think you are jumping to action too fast.
Since this is about setting up new project sites which would be
affiliated with ASF Camel.
Then with my PMC hat I would like to reconsider this, and as well gime
more time for people
and PMC members to think about this as well.

At first though this seems also overkill to do all this work for a few
Scala components.
I do not mind hosting and supporting Scala components at ASF if these
components is
natural Scala libraries and frameworks.

For example a camel-play component to integrate with the Scala Play
Framework etc.

> [1]
> [2]
> --