camel-dev mailing list archives

From Willem jiang <>
Subject Re: Bind certain camel-cxf service to a specific HttpConnector
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2013 04:17:33 GMT
Hi Christian,

I think using the cxf-bean[1] component way can make your life easier.
You can route the request from different transport ( Using embed Jetty or Servlet) to the
cxf-bean component, to the service that you want to expose.
It could be more easy for to manage the transport route by using Camel?

Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Web: |
Blog: ( (English)
 ( (Chinese)
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

On Friday, February 1, 2013 at 4:54 AM, Christian Müller wrote:

> Some month ago I was looking for a way to bind camel-cxf to a specific
> port, using the OSGI HTTP service.
> Achim blogged about binding a web application to a specific port, using the
> OSGI HTTP service and an adapted jetty.xml configuration [1]. I'm wondering
> whether we can do the same with camel-cxf?
> The issue we face at present is, that all your services (service for
> customer A, service for customer B, ...) are accessible on all ports. We
> use specific ports for each customer, secured with client certificates to
> make sure they only can access this port. But because all services are
> exposed on all ports, this is useless... :-(
> I know we can start an individual jetty for each service, but imagine we
> have 10 different customer with individual applications. Each application
> is composed of multiple bundles. Let's say 5 different bundles expose a web
> service. This will end up starting 50 Jetty instances, right? Sounds very
> inefficient and difficult to maintain for our operations people...
> Has an CXF expert time to look into it? I'm willing to sponsor a beer for
> him/her - or two... ;-)
> [1]
> Best,
> Christian