camel-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: [Camel 3 discussion] Components releases
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2013 22:00:42 GMT
This sounds like it could be pretty difficult to manage.
How about a simpler model?

A component could specify the minimum camel core or better api in the
future it needs.
For example:

camel-jms 3.0 -> camel-core 3.0
camel-jms 3.1 -> camel-core 3.0

For OSGi dependencies this would make the package imports automatically
specify >= 3.0 < 4 for both camel-jms versions. So the newer camel-jms
version would work with the old camel-core.
So we would still release all parts of camel for all releases and still
be able to mix them more freely.

Christian

--

Christian Schneider