camel-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Camel 2.10.4 and 2.9.6 releases
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2013 17:14:49 GMT
There is another security issue in CXF that may require a release. It's 
being investigated now. The backup option is to make a copy of the cxf 
features in camel temporarily. We'll know in a couple of days and redo 
the release.

Cheers,
Hadrian

On 02/09/2013 09:47 AM, Hadrian Zbarcea wrote:
> Claus, there is :). It's the -P validate profile in
> platforms/karaf/features that caught it.
>
> Yeah the cxf 2.6.6 features are pretty much unusable. I am sure Dan will
> do something about it. Instead of reverting to 2.6.5 there is also the
> option of copying the relevant features from cxf to camel (or all of
> them), which could be a temporary fix for the cxf community (don't use
> the cxf features, use the camel ones). That's what I am ready to do, but
> I'll wait for Dan's comment first.
>
> Cheers,
> Hadrian
>
>
> On 02/09/2013 03:02 AM, Claus Ibsen wrote:
>> On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 4:47 AM, Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbarcea@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Fixed the msv issue and hit another one. Looks like the
>>> apache-cxf-2.6.6-features.xml [1] is invalid:
>>> ${cxf.james.mim4j.version} is
>>> not resolved :(.
>>>
>>
>> Ah darn. CXF 2.6.5 does not have that issue, so in worst case we can
>> revert to this version.
>>
>> As Camel, Karaf, SMX etc may have similar issues in the future with a
>> feature file having ${ } unresolved placeholders.
>>
>> Maybe there should be a maven goal that checks for this.
>> I assume there is some Maven Ninjas that can put together the XML
>> plugin stuff needed for this.
>>
>> Then we catches this during before releasing.
>>
>>
>>> This looks like the only issue that remains to workaround. I'll try
>>> to build
>>> the releases over the weekend.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Hadrian
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/cxf/karaf/apache-cxf/2.6.6/apache-cxf-2.6.6-features.xml
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> On 02/08/2013 07:56 AM, Hadrian Zbarcea wrote:
>>>>
>>>> Tests are failing for me in full builds. I am working on it and will
>>>> release asap.
>>>>
>>>> Cheers,
>>>> Hadrian
>>>>
>>>> On 02/08/2013 04:21 AM, Claus Ibsen wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 4:26 AM, Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbarcea@gmail.com>
>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> For some reason still not clear to me, my mail client didn't get
the
>>>>>> original thread started by Claus. That points to consensus that it's
>>>>>> time
>>>>>> for a 2.10.4. I started a full build overnight and I am planning
to
>>>>>> build
>>>>>> the 2.10.4 release later this week, Wed or Thu.
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Any update on this?
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>> Regarding 2.9.x, we did decided a while ago to support 2 versions
>>>>>> back,
>>>>>> right? So even if we wouldn't need a 2.9.6 release now, it should
>>>>>> still be
>>>>>> supported until 2.11.0 is out. However with almost 50 issues fixed,
I
>>>>>> think
>>>>>> we should get 2.9.6 out the door as well, so I'm planning to release
>>>>>> it this
>>>>>> week as well.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Is there anything you're working on that should make it into
>>>>>> 2.10.4 and
>>>>>> 2.9.6? Please shout now.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Cheers,
>>>>>> Hadrian
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>

Mime
View raw message