camel-dev mailing list archives

From Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Google Plus - Apache Group
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2013 15:31:59 GMT
Rob, just drop it. You know very well James is right. A similar
complaint was made just a few days ago about Fuse's behavior. This is
nothing new, there is a long list of abuses from Fuse over quite a few
years.

James, I would not include RedHat here. RedHat employees are involved in
other ASF projects, yet that do not exhibit the same clique behavior and
an incomprehensible push for immediate financial or other gains. I kinda
of understood that when Fuse was desperate to sell, and now that they
did, I really hoped they stopped. Unfortunately it looks like like it.

Rob is correct that the *rest of* the PMC was diligent in increasing the
diversity and protecting its mark, however the problems and challenges
didn't come from the outside. Funny thing... But we proved many a time
that we can take on a challenge, no biggie.

Hopefully the Fuse clique will take the message and slow down (at least
for a while, because I am not naive enough to imagine that they'll ever
stop). So, you know, the ASF got (at least) one thing right: it's not
the companies, it's the people.

James, hats(*) off for speaking your mind. Rob, think hard about this
one. If you're really keen on hearing more on this subject, I have no
doubts you will, but beware what you wish for.

Hadrian
(*) with both the PMC member *and* ASF member hats in his *hand*.

On 02/01/2013 10:06 AM, Robert Davies wrote:
> James - that's a strong statement.  I think the Camel PMC is more diligent than most
in protecting its diversity and marks.

> On 1 Feb 2013, at 14:44, James Carman <jcarman@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm not a Camel committer or PMC member, but I *am* an ASF member and I find it troubling
how much Fuse/RedHat uses these lists to promote themselves (like a picture of a camel wearing
a red hat).  Hopefully they don't use their influence in any other inappropriate ways.