camel-dev mailing list archives

From Henryk Konsek <hekon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Contributing Stomp Component
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 19:21:53 GMT
>>> Claus had some good arguments there not to use Scala.
>>>
>>> Nevertheless, I think your code should be published at camel-extra or
>>> github!

Actually Camel Extra is not a right place to put there components
written in Scala. I'm afraid this component need to be rewritten to
Java in order to be included in ASF Camel or Extra Camel. I personally
love Scala but until it has been adopted more widely, we stick Camel
to the Java code (unless component subject is written in Scala).

We would appreciate STOMP component written in Java. Actually I'm
surprised that we don't have one already. I afraid that once I even
endorsed non-existing camel-stomp somebody, since I though we support
STOMP for a long time :) .

--
Henryk Konsek
http://henryk-konsek.blogspot.com