camel-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Davies <rajdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][CAMEL-3.0] Does camel need a web console
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2013 17:04:12 GMT
I'm in favour of removing the console completely, for the reasons you' d outlined.

On 25 Jan 2013, at 16:57, Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbarcea@gmail.com> wrote:

> In the context of a few web based consoles available for Camel, including the Karaf console
and the recently announced hawt.io, the question of if Camel needs its own console popped
up.

> My understanding is the some are in favor or Camel continuing to ship with a web console.
My personal opinion is that we should not (starting with 3.0).

> I understand that a web console is very useful to users and a nice to have. However,
our console is not that great (to put it mildly), not really maintained and we lack the necessary
ui knowledge in the community to maintain something of excellent quality. I think we should
focus on the server side technology that we do so well.

> Therefore, my personal position and proposal is that we should either move the console
in a subproject or remove it completely.