camel-dev mailing list archives

From falckburker <falck_christop...@bah.com>
Subject Using preserveMessageQos causes AQjmsException in Oracle AQ
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2013 20:05:08 GMT
Has anyone successfully used preserveMessageQos with Oracle AQ?

When I add "preserveMessageQos=true" to a camel endpoint uri, it causes an
AQjmsException with the reason "JMS-110: Property JMSXDeliveryCount not
writeable". This is occurring on the latest camel 2.8, 2.9 and 2.10, and on
the latest Oracle 10g and 11g.

In a camel route, when placing the message on the destination queue, the
JmsMessageHelper call to removeJmsProperty involves clearing out the oracle
AQjmsMessage properties and then adding back all of those properties not
intended to be deleted.  I don't believe this is a permission issue in my
oracle configuration, it's probably just how oracle decided to uphold the
jms spec (not allowing "JMSXDeliveryCount" and the like to be altered/set by
the client).

I'm not sure if the fix here needs to be in camel or oracle...

Suggestions?