camel-dev mailing list archives

From Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Camel component for mongoDB gridFS
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2012 01:22:57 GMT
That's not what I understood, but nevertheless, because of quite a few
reasons, like being the same technology, same dependencies, build time,
etc, the better approach is to implement the new functionality in the
same camel-mongodb component. A separate endpoint is the best approach,
Raul is right.

My $0.02,
Hadrian

On 12/06/2012 07:55 PM, Willem jiang wrote:
> I just want to add more information about the camel-http component.
> camel-jetty and camel-servlet are based on the camel-http component and they extends
the feature of http transport. I think Raul is suggest to extend the camel-mongoDB to support
the gridFS, am  I right?

> --
> Willem Jiang
>
> Red Hat, Inc.
> FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
> Web: http://www.fusesource.com | http://www.redhat.com
> Blog: http://willemjiang.blogspot.com (http://willemjiang.blogspot.com/) (English)
>            http://jnn.iteye.com (http://jnn.javaeye.com/) (Chinese)
> Twitter: willemjiang
> Weibo: 姜宁willem
>

> On Friday, December 7, 2012 at 8:12 AM, Raul Kripalani wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've skimmed over GridFS.
>> Since Mongo drivers already implement the spec, there's some potential for
>> reuse if we host the new functionality inside the camel-mongodb component
>> code base.
>>
>> However, rather than adding more options to the existing "mongo:" endpoint,
>> I'd much rather prefer to create a new endpoint prefix: "gridfs:", which
>> maps to a new GridFsComponent class.
>>
>> You can achieve this by configuring ServiceLoader appropriately. I think
>> camel-http could be an example (META-INF/services).
>>
>> Let me know your thoughts.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Raúl.
>> On 3 Dec 2012 12:12, "Nibin Varghese" <nibin.gv@gmail.com (mailto:nibin.gv@gmail.com)>
wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I would like to propose a mongodb-gridFS component for apache camel. I
>>> tried searching for the same and I couldn't find any support for gridFS.
>>> GridFS is a specification for storing large files in MongoDB (as per their
>>> web site). There are two possible ways of implementing camel-gridfs
>>> component.
>>> 1. Extending camel-mongodb to support gridfs