camel-dev mailing list archives

From Sotaro Kimura <rfbrin...@gmail.com>
Subject [camel-hbase]camel-hbase component performance improvement
Date Sun, 25 Nov 2012 21:55:55 GMT
Hi, all.

I'm testing hbase client using camel-hbase component.
But in this test, data put performance is low.
( about 20 put operation / second, I use Core i7 2700K machine.)

I confirmed performance bottleneck.
And I find bottleneck below

- Everytime camel-hbase component put data,
  camel-hbase component creates and closes HTableInterface.
- But HTableInterface create cost is high.
   So camel-hbase component performance is low.

I modified HBaseProducer using HTablePool,
data put performance is improved 20 operetion/second to 200 operation/second.

Modified source is below( and attach patchfile.txt)
-HBaseProducer.java(orig)
----------------------------
103        } finally {
104            table.close();
105        }
----------------------------

-HBaseProducer.java(improved)
103        } finally {
104            tablePool.putTable(table);
105        }

What should I do for contribution it.

regards.

--