camel-dev mailing list archives

From Scott England-Sullivan <sully6...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSSION]Camel Karaf/Blueprint Support Roadmap
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2012 17:30:40 GMT
Hello all,

There have been several requests and recommendations in various threads to
upgrade camel-blueprint to Aries Blueprint 1.0.0.  Having been involved
with several of them recently I started to review the impacts of this
change.  I could be over-thinking this but I don't believe this upgrade
should happen without a simultaneous upgrade of the Camel Karaf support to
2.3.0 as that is the first release to offer support for Aries Blueprint
1.0.0.

This of course carries a risk of breaking backwards compatibility with
Camel 2.10.x and its support of Karaf 2.2.9.

Therefore I wanted to bring this forward to a larger audience and get input
on whether or not this is a change desired for Camel 2.11 or is it
something to look at further down the road.

Best Regards,
Scott ES

*Scott England-Sullivan*
*blog*:sully6768.blogspot.com