camel-dev mailing list archives

From Willem jiang <willem.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dependencies of camel-spring
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2012 01:08:43 GMT
Yeah, I think we could consider to upgrade the camel-blueprint to Aries 1.0.0 in Camel 2.11.0.

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: willemjiang

On Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 11:17 PM, Scott England-Sullivan wrote:

> Willem,
>
> Following this I was about to ask when it would make sense upgrading camel-blueprint
to Aries 1.0.0.

> My concern is I believe Aries 1.0.0 breaks backwards capability (I will verify). Therefore
is it something that we can upgrade for Camel 2.x or does it need to go on the roadmap for
Camel 3.0?

> Best Regards,
> Scott ES
>
> On Oct 11, 2012, at 8:42 AM, Willem jiang <willem.jiang@gmail.com (mailto:willem.jiang@gmail.com)>
wrote:

> > FYI, Aries Blueprint 1.0 was released.
> >
> > --
> > Willem Jiang
> >
> > Red Hat, Inc.
> > FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
> > Web: http://www.fusesource.com | http://www.redhat.com
> > Blog: http://willemjiang.blogspot.com (http://willemjiang.blogspot.com/) (English)
> > http://jnn.javaeye.com (http://jnn.javaeye.com/) (Chinese)
> > Twitter: willemjiang
> > Weibo: willemjiang
> >

> > On Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 7:00 PM, Benjamin Graf wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Willem,
> > >
> > > camel-blueprint is no option for me since it uses Aries blueprint which does
not work correctly with jndi in boss OSGi. That is the reason why I switched back to spring
recognizing that it's outdated. Anyway the fact that Aries does not yet reached a 1.0 release
makes it not well suited for a commercial application in my opinion.