camel-dev mailing list archives

From Scott England-Sullivan <sully6...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SJMS and batched transactions
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2012 16:46:46 GMT
Hi Thomas,

It sounds like you are looking for something like the following:

from("sjms:consumer?transacted=true&batch=100")
.processor("do stuff")
to("file:output");

Such that 100 messages would be consumed, processed and filed followed by
the session either being committed or rolled back based on the success or
fail of all 100 exchanges.

Sound about right?

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 11:49 AM, Thomas Johansen <thxmasj@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure what this implies, Scott.
>
> My use case is to have a transaction started on a first exchange, and then
> have X exhanges on the same transaction. It should first be committed when
> some external event happens, like a control message is seen (possibly from
> a separate control queue), after X number of messages or something. I'm
> sure Camel provides some options for mechanisms to use here? In my case I
> need to aggregate X records into a single file.
>
> Thomas
>

> Den 7. aug. 2012 kl. 14:50 skrev Scott England-Sullivan <
> sully6768@gmail.com>:
>
> > I will take a look at it tonight.  Plan is to add batch support by having
> > the Producer and Consumer endpoints support a List of Messages.  Once in
> > place TX would be automatically supported as it is called as a
> > Synchronization upon completion of the Exchange.
> >
> > Thoughts?
> >
> > On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 6:21 AM, Christian Müller <
> > christian.mueller@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> +1
> >> Would like to see this feature too...
> >>
> >> Sent from a mobile device