camel-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject [DISCUSS] - Camel Maven Archetypes - Generating files with ASF license headers
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2012 06:33:38 GMT

When end users of Camel uses the Camel Maven Archetypes to create new projects

Then we generate a new skeleton Maven project for them.

Currently these *generated* source files contains ASF license headers.

I want to discuss if we should remove these ASF headers from the
*generated* files.
Our end users works in organization that build software, and they may
not use any license headers,
or use their own license headers, or use another kind of header.

I think we should not include any license headers at all, and leave it
for the end users to decide for that.

Any thoughts?

Claus Ibsen
Twitter: davsclaus, fusenews