camel-dev mailing list archives

From Charles Moulliard <cmoulli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: camel cdi extension
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 06:14:53 GMT
Hi Romain,

This is really interesting what you have have developed. I don't really like
how you add RouteBuilder in the create method (class CamelContextBean) and I
would prefer that the user can provide this information like we do in a more
Camel traditional way. By the way, I suggest that in the CamelContextBean
class (method create) we use CdiCamelContext as it implements Camel Registry
to do CDI bean lookup in the registry.

@Inject
@CamelContextId("context1")
private CamelContext ctx1;

ctx1.addRoutes(new MyRouteBuilder())

Remark : camel-cdi (2.10) allows already to do this ;-)

@Inject
protected CdiCamelContext camelCtx;

@Inject
protected org.fusesource.example.cdi.camel.SimpleCamelRoute simpleRoute;

 simpleRoute.setTimerUri("timer://simple?fixedRate=true&period=10s");

 // Add Camel Route
 camelCtx.addRoutes(simpleRoute);

So what could be the benefit to use this CDI extension ?

I will have a look on that today.

Regards,

Charles

-----