camel-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Davies <rajdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Camel MUST use valid URIs for identifying and configuring Endpoints
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2012 13:26:35 GMT
-1 Camel does not need to use valid URIs - I see no real benefit for the user. I'm concerned
about any changes that could affect existing users.

On 20 Jun 2012, at 01:37, Hadrian Zbarcea wrote:

> Using URIs to identify and configure Endpoints is a notable Apache Camel innovation.
This feature was present in Camel from its first release. The definition of the URIs syntax
in unambiguous and defined in RFC-2396 [1].

> Some components introduced along the way do not use valid URIs and this needs to be corrected.
This vote is intended to formalize the apparent lazy consensus in the [discuss] thread [2]
on the dev@ list. This vote reflects agreement with the principle only. If this vote passes
the details of the solution will be fleshed out later.