camel-dev mailing list archives

From Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbar...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Should camel enforce usage of proper URIs?
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 14:32:08 GMT
This is not a new topic, but it looks like it's coming back in different
threads. Since this is is the underlying issue, I'd suggest clarifying
this first.

At the core of the issue is a call to
UnsafeUriCharactersEncoder.encode(uri) in
DefaultComponent.createEndpoint(String), that made camel silently accept
invalid URIs and then opened the gates to component writers using URIs
that are not URIs. This behavior was there from the very beginning of
Camel. (I refactored that code to introduce a deprecated from start
preProcessUri that provided a path for cleaning up before camel-3.0, but
that's a separate topic).

To me, personally, using valid URIs for endpoints is a no-brainer, but I
sense that there is disagreement on that.

Thoughts?
Hadrian