camel-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Camel MUST use valid URIs for identifying and configuring Endpoints
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2012 12:58:53 GMT

I'm +1 to the idea.   If we call it a URI, then it needs to be a URI.   If
this vote does not pass, then we would need to find a new name
(configuration string?) and update the documentation and such to reflect
that this is NOT a URI.

In particular, I'm +1 for full validation for 3.0.   For 2.x (including
porting back to 2.10 and maybe 2.9.x), we should allow the current URI's but
make sure a nice big fat warnging is displayed somehow so the user will know
that what they have entered is not a URI.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp