camel-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Camel MUST use valid URIs for identifying and configuring Endpoints
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2012 18:13:12 GMT
I'm not sure if my last email made it through since I did it through

But I had followed up with wondering why this URI stuff cannot be an
additional style URI parse that is in addition to what is being done today.
Is there a technical reason why we cannot support both styles of URLs, the
URI spec and the current/legacy version?  This seems to me like a great
compromise because it gives all parties what they want as well as a path to
a standard.  Why does this have to be a "one or the other" decision?  Can't
we have both?