camel-dev mailing list archives

From Babak Vahdat <babak.vah...@swissonline.ch>
Subject Re: About what to do with the Response retrieved through a Producer, when the Exchange is NOT out capable?
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 10:11:55 GMT
Thanks for that link but I've been already through that FAQ many many times
which didn't help me as well! It seems I'm too dummy to understand this API.

Yes I'm aware of the exchange.hasOut() semantics as well as the lazy
instantiation of OUT through exchange.getOut()

So again my question:

- Do we currently have a Camel Producer behaving wrong concerning this
question?
- And still I think the fact that exchange.getOut() does lazily instantiate
an OUT if OUT == null is an API flaw as this does bypass the semantics of
the given exchange pattern of the exchange object. So that you can have an
exchange with InOnly pattern having an OUT != null attached to it!

Babak