camel-dev mailing list archives

From Babak Vahdat <>
Subject Re: About what to do with the Response retrieved through a Producer, when the Exchange is NOT out capable?
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 09:38:55 GMT

Then does it mean that camel-restlet Producer should be changed as well? I
also looked into another two brand new components as well:

which do behave like camel-restlet as well, that's they don't take the
exchange pattern into the account.

In this context what I also think is an API flaw is that the following works

 Exchange exchange = new DefaultExchange(new DefaultCamelContext());

Maybe I'm missing something here but to my understanding as the default
exchange pattern is InOnly one should not be able to set the body of the OUT
message and the second line should blow up with some Not_Allowed unchecked

All in one I'm pretty confused with all this and would appreciate any