camel-dev mailing list archives

From Łukasz Dywicki <l...@code-house.org>
Subject Re: File/Ftp endpoint consumer. prefix
Date Mon, 07 May 2012 16:28:41 GMT
Ok,
That's my mistake, I started reading docs once again and found paragraphs about Ftp2 and File2
inheritance. I was blind. ;)

Sorry for unnecessary noise.

Lukasz

Wiadomość napisana przez Łukasz Dywicki w dniu 7 maj 2012, o godz. 12:59:

> Hey Claus,
> I checked out ScheduledPollConsumer and indeed, properties like initialDelay and so on
exists in this class. The problem is still documentation. File endpoint and consumer is not
really different than Ftp/Sftp consumer.

> File endpoint contains only following properties:
> - FileSeparator
> - File (which is delegated to configuration.setDirectory)
> - CopyAndDeleteOnRenameFail
>
> FTP endpoint do not have any specific properties but it extends same class like File
endpoint (GenericFileEndpoint) and have documented only few options. Should I assume that
these properties are not supported or they are missed in documentation?

> For example:
> - autoCreate
> - bufferSize
> - startingDirectoryMustExist
> - delete
> - flatten
> - charset
>
> and so on... If they are not supported in FTP/SFTP component they should not be present
in GenericFileEndpoint/Consumer/Producer (as they are specific for File component only). Please
clarify what is the status of documentation.

> Kind regards,
> Lukasz Dywicki
> --
> Code-House
> http://code-house.org
>
> Wiadomość napisana przez Claus Ibsen w dniu 5 maj 2012, o godz. 07:37:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Any parameter with consumer. prefix will be configured as properties
>> on the created consumer.
>> Now the file and ftp consumers is scheduled based, and therefore these
>> options apply to their scheduling which is in an inherited class.
>>
>> Now in terms of the consumer.delay option, then we got tired of having
>> to specify consumer.delay, instead of just delay. So we added support
>> for these shortcuts a long time ago.
>>
>> The consumer. prefix is not so often used, as often a component
>> exposes all its options in the endpoint, and then uses these options
>> to configure its consumer/producers.
>>

>> On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 9:38 PM, Łukasz Dywicki <luke@code-house.org> wrote:
>>> Hey,
>>> I have question about File and FTP endpoints documentation. Both pages on wiki
points to consumer. prefix for some parameters - for example initialDelay or delay, but they
are not used at all. Or at least they are set directly on endpoint (GenericFileEndpoint) instance.
If it is used somewhere else or I am blind? FTP documentation also points to FTPConsumer only
(deleteFile, userFixedDelay). I've walked through code and I've found no usage of these parameters
directly in FtpConsumer. Should these parameters be named delete, useFixedDelay and so on?