camel-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Müller <>
Subject Use Camel to implement batches which are scheduled by a standalone scheduler
Date Thu, 24 May 2012 13:22:08 GMT
As you may know, JB wrote already a similar blog about this topic [1].
However, in my company we have a few additional and slightly different
- The controller route has to respond with a return value which indicates
whether the exchange(s) could process without an error (return code == 0).
This means if the exchange is sent to an queue and another route consumes
this queue, we have to wait for this until we are able to provide a return
- We have a more complex logic when we have to stop the route (e.g. we are
also consuming from a queue and want to stop the route when the queue is

I made already a few test by using a RoutePolicy, but without a solution
until now. If I finish this work, I will provide a new example for batch
processing in Camel.