camel-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Müller <christian.muel...@gmail.com>
Subject [REPORT] Apache Camel March 2012
Date Sun, 11 Mar 2012 18:05:12 GMT
Status report for the Apache Camel project - March 2012

Apache Camel is a powerful open source integration framework based on known
Enterprise Integration Patterns.

Project Status
--------------
* There are no issues that require the board attention.
* The project is healthy and continues to grow.
* Progress has been made toward using the CXF developed export utility to
   migrate the website from rsync to svnpubsub as per guidelines from the
   Infrastructure team.

Community
---------
* The community grows:
  * 503 subscribers to the users mailing list (+3 %)
  * 183 subscribers to the dev mailing list (+2 %)
* The community is active
  * Avg. 688 mails per month on the users mailing list in Dec 2011 - Feb
2012
  * Avg. 196 mails per month on the dev mailing list in Dec 2011 - Feb 2012
  * Avg. 507 committs per month in Dec 2011 - Feb 2012
* Babak Vahdat (bvahdat) joined the community as a new committer.
* Bilgin Ibryam (bibryam) joined the community as a new committer.
* No new PMC members since the last board report (December 2011)
* We are on track to increasing diversity.
  * Our PMC of 19 is affiliated with 6 different unique organizations (11 of
    them are affiliated with a single company).
  * Our additional 16 committers belongs to 14 different unique
organizations
    (3 of them are affiliated with the same single company mentioned above).
* Fusesource planned and announced a CamelOne conference at May 15th - 16th
  (http://fusesource.com/apache-camel-conference-2012/). ConCom approved to
use
  the name CamelOne for this event. The Camel PMC, especially Jeff Genender,
  Rob Davies, Claus Ibsen and myself will make sure this event will meet the
  ASF trademark and ConCom guidelines.

Community Objectives
--------------------
 * Our first objective is to continue with the development for Camel 2.10.0.
 * Beside this, we continues development with new features and fixes for the
   camel-2.8.x and 2.9.x maintenance branches.
 * In the next weeks we have to concrete our schedule for Camel 3.0.0 which
   will be a bigger release.

Branding Status
---------------
 * Project Naming And Descriptions : Compliant
 * Website Navigation Links : Compliant
 * Trademark Attributions : Compliant
 * Logos and Graphics : Compliant
 * Project Metadata : Compliant

Releases
--------
* 2.7.5 (the 2.7.x series continues to be maintained under a "security and
  important fixes only" profile)
* 2.8.4
* 2.9.0
* 2.9.1