camel-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: Camel features and falling-back to Camel components
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2012 15:34:25 GMT
On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 3:10 PM, E.Gherardini <> wrote:
> Hello Raul and thanks for replying!
> I am concerned about transactional camel plugs I need to hook up in my
> component indeed.
> I am aware about the async routing engine, but I do not know how to "join"
> camel transactions from my component, or, to better say: what should the
> component to allow camel control it in a transactional way ?

Its Spring Transaction manager which orchestrates the transaction. So
look into how you can enlist your resource
into a Spring TX manager.

The <transacted> just ensure the that the processing of the message
occurs in a Spring managed transacted (eg using a transaction
template, and issue the work in a doInTransaction method). As well as
the routing engine will run in synchronous mode due Spring TX manager
need to run in the same TX to work properly.

See this source for details