camel-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RESTful web service support from Camel
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2012 15:25:56 GMT
Hi,

Forwarding to the users list.

On 26/03/12 15:36, Zemin Hu wrote:
> Hi,
> I have couple of RESTful web service that I want to use Camel as integration
> point. I had a brief review for restlet which is supposed to be the
> solution, but from I have seen, it's not straight forward to use:
> 1. straight forward support/constrcut RESTful dynamic URL for both<from/>
> and<to/>:
> http://host:port/services/{uid}/table1/{item_id}
> 2. it supports request methods GET,POST,PUT, DELETE, I did not see how Camel
> handles these methods.
>
> Can Camel handle dynamic URL construction with variables? in ideal case, it
> should support:
> <from uri="servlet:///myservices/{uid}/table1/{item_id}/1.0" />
> uri="http://host:port/services/{uid}/table1/${header.type}?access_token=12345
> />

One option is to use a cxfrs component:
http://camel.apache.org/cxfrs.html

The variation on it is to use the Camel transport and link directly to
CXF JAXRS endpoint declarations (jaxrs:server), example

<jaxrs:server address="camel://direct:bookStore"
   serviceClass="service.BookStoreImpl"/>

  <!-- JMS to CXF JAX-RS -->
  <route>
   <from uri="jms://test.bookStore"/>