camel-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: [DISCSS] - Remove error handler mbeans from JMX
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2012 15:27:01 GMT
On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 3:35 PM, Babak Vahdat
<> wrote:
> Hi Claus,
> Would it make sense to extends the logic of:
> DefaultManagementLifecycleStrategy.onRoutesRemove()
> to also remove the corresponding route scoped error handler if any? In this
> way we could still keep on ManagedErrorHandler.

Well its not so easy in the 2.x architecture.

Camel 3.0 allows a more dynamic architecture for error handlers,
interceptors, and whatnot. So for that it should become easier to deal
with, and as well knowing which route(s) is using which error
handlers, interceptors, and so forth.

I would rather remove the cruff from 2.x and add it back in 3.x when
it works properly in more dynamic use-cases, where people add and
remove routes, interceptors, and other stuff more frequently and in a
more dynamic manner with Camel. That what we currently can deal with.