camel-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Pavlovich <>
Subject Re: [DISCSS] - Remove error handler mbeans from JMX
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2012 21:03:14 GMT
Hi Claus-

I believe that, in general, more information available to the user via
JMX is better.  Being able to confirm everything is wired up is very
valuable to users-- especially ones new to the framework.  Using it to
change values is more of an operational hot-fix vs a core use case, in
my opinion.

I don't know the internals to Camel enough to provide an alternative
approach, but would like to see this information available in one form
or another.  Perhaps moving to an array for CamelId[] and RouteId[] in
the ErrorHandler MBean would provide a path to solve some of the issues?

Matt Pavlovich

On 2/28/12 6:57 AM, Claus Ibsen wrote:
> Hi
> I am considering to remove error handlers mbeans from JMX as they are
> painful to track properly for context and route scoped routes, in the
> various DSLs (Java vs XML etc.). And the fact an error handler can be
> used for multiple routes, as well being a default error handler etc.
> Currently if you add and remove routes from Java DSL you will end up
> leaving possible not used any more mbeans for error handlers.
> It would just be easier to not enlist any error handlers in JMX. Does
> anyone actually use them for management? Such as changing the number
> of redelivery attempts at runtime? I do not think they provide much
> value. And thus can be removed from JMX.
> A related ticket would be
> Any thoughts?

View raw message