camel-dev mailing list archives

From Willem Jiang <willem.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Camel Alerts
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 08:16:18 GMT
Maybe we could consider to build a common notfication layer for sending
this kind alerts across JMX and other management Agent.

On Tue Feb 21 02:53:49 2012, Łukasz Dywicki wrote:
> The monitoring of things like thread pools, memory or exceptions can be easily built
on top of JMX layer. I would rather see a Camel events published to snmp than another DSL
extension in default camel namespace.

> Best regards,
> Lukasz Dywicki
> --
> Code-House
> http://code-house.org
>
> Wiadomość napisana przez Christian Schneider w dniu 20 lut 2012, o godz. 17:24:
>
>> Hi Johan,
>>
>> that sounds great.
>>
>> The only thing we should take care of here is to not couple the alerting too much
too the things we want to monitor. So I propose to only generate internal events in the
>> camel core. Like an event when a thread pool is accessed or a exception is caused.
The alerting could then be in its own module and analyze the low level events and create new
events like
>> you described. The current event system can be a quite good base for these efforts.
>>
>> Btw. when you work on the even system you could check if it can be made less intrusive.
Currently the eventing couples where the events are generated to much to the eventing. I also
plan to improve some of this for camel 3.

>> Christian
>>

>> Am 20.02.2012 09:43, schrieb michal.warecki:
>>> Thanks for you feedback!
>>>
>>> Chistian:
>>> Exacly, general idea can present the following hypothetical configuration:
>>>
>>> <camelContext id="camel" xmlns="http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring">
>>>
>>> 	<alerts>
>>> 		<threadPoolAlert id="tpa" profile="fooProfile" severity="major"
>>> threshold="70%" />
>>> 		<lowMemoryAlert id="lma" pool="PermGen" severity="critical"
>>> threshold="80%" />
>>> 		<exceptionAlert id="xa" type="com.foo.MyException" severity="critical" />
>>> 	</alerts>
>>>
>>> 	<threadPoolProfile id="fooProfile" poolSize="20" maxPoolSize="50"
>>> maxQueueSize="-1"/>
>>>
>>> 	<route>
>>> 	<from uri="alert?id=tpa"/>
>>> 	<to uri="smtp://admin@mymailserver.com?password=secret"/>
>>> 	</route>
>>>
>>> </camelContext>
>>>
>>> Alert will generate an event and specified route can receive this event.
>>> Christain, do you mean something like that?
>>>
>>> Johan,
>>> thanks for thanks for the support.
>>>
>>> Michal
>>>
>>> --