camel-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Camel Alerts
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 16:24:29 GMT
Hi Johan,

that sounds great.

The only thing we should take care of here is to not couple the alerting
too much too the things we want to monitor. So I propose to only
generate internal events in the
camel core. Like an event when a thread pool is accessed or a exception
is caused. The alerting could then be in its own module and analyze the
low level events and create new events like
you described. The current event system can be a quite good base for
these efforts.

Btw. when you work on the even system you could check if it can be made
less intrusive. Currently the eventing couples where the events are
generated to much to the eventing. I also plan to improve some of this
for camel 3.