camel-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <gma...@talend.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Camel and MongoDB
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 13:51:13 GMT
(Non-binding $0.02).  The Camel PMC might wish to consider creating a
Special Thanks page, like CXF does
(http://cxf.apache.org/special-thanks.html) instead of scattering the
thank-yous throughout the documentation.  (Or, do both possibly.)  I
could imagine multiple companies providing support for other components
and it might be cleaner to group them all in one place (possibly
attracting more sponsors in the process.)

Although generous of MongoHQ to offer their large-sized account,
integration tests hopefully wouldn't require that much space--if the 2gb
small account (https://mongohq.com/pricing) is all that Camel would
conceivably need the team might wish to go for that instead.  Possible
advantages of the small account is that the 2gb maximum limit is hard so
no risk of going past 16gb and potentially incurring bills in the
process and it would be easier for the integration tests to report back
errors if any tests are continually adding data while forgetting to
delete them afterwards, as we'll more quickly get out-of-space errors if
that happens.

Glen

On 02/16/2012 10:09 AM, Raul Kripalani wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> Spoke to MongoHQ, a company that hosts MongoDB databases on the cloud:
> https://mongohq.com/home.
>
> They are happy to donate to Apache Camel a free MongoDB instance on the
> cloud on a permanent basis (large account - 16gb storage), so that we can
> run the component's automated integration tests against it without having
> to worry about setting up a local instance.
>
> Is the PMC happy to go forth with this idea? If so, we'd write a thank you
> note to MongoHQ with a link to their site on the component page if that's
> okay?
>
> Regards,
> Raúl.
>
> On 15 February 2012 18:28, Raul Kripalani<raul@fusesource.com>  wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Attached the source code of camel-mongodb to
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-4878 for inclusion in the
>> Apache Camel codebase.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Raúl Kripalani.
>> FuseSource
>>
>> On 14 February 2012 12:45, Raul Kripalani<raul@fusesource.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> If there are to be run on a CI server, the pre-execution and
>>> post-execution scripts of the build job would simply run and stop MongoDB.
>>> To run them in user machines, I have included the instructions in the
>>> README.txt in the component's source.
>>>
>>> The Unit Test classes detect whether MongoDB is running and if not, they
>>> skip the testing. So for users not running an instance of MongoDB locally
>>> or elsewhere (to which the test config file points to), their builds would
>>> just skip the unit tests.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Raúl.

Camel