camel-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] - Camel Maven Archetype for Standalone Java
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2012 16:27:59 GMT
Sure you may comment. dev means just that it is about developing camel
not that only committers may participate.

Am 27.01.2012 15:14, schrieb Marco Westermann:
> Hi,
>
> don't know if I'm allowed to comment to this mailing list, but if so:
>
> Next to the spring XML + XML-DSL / Java-DSL which are two archtypes
> there should exist two other archtypes for the equivalent blueprint
> configuration. I think this combination would produce many archtypes
> which are hard to handle and understand for a beginner.
>
> So I support the suggestion of Christian. It would be good to have
> some archtypes to create a new project like
>
> camel-blueprint
> camel-spring
> camel-java-standalone
>
> and then like Christian suggested add features to the project like a
> new route in Java-DSL / XML-DSL and so on. If you then have support
> for that in IDEs like eclipse one can easily built the application he
> needs

That would be really great. The problem is that we currently have no
tool that helps with that. So probably the archetypes have to contain
more than the project start right now.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider