camel-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] - Camel Maven Archetype for Standalone Java
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2012 13:41:09 GMT
Am 25.01.2012 14:15, schrieb Claus Ibsen:
> On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 1:29 PM, Christian Schneider
> <chris@die-schneider.net>  wrote:
>> Am 25.01.2012 12:08, schrieb Claus Ibsen:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Currently we have a maven archetype named: camel-archetype-java
>>> Its however a Spring XML project with a Java RouteBuilder (eg Java DSL).
>>>
>>> I would like to propose that we:
>>>
>>> a)
>>> Rename camel-archetype-java to camel-archetype-spring-java
>>>
>>> b)
>>> Create a new camel-archetype-standalone which is a pure Java
>>> standalone with a Java RouteBuilder
>>> and a Java Main app to start the Camel app from standalone.
>> I would rather name it camel-archetype-standalone-java or
>> camel-archetype-java-standalone.
>>
> Yeah or may as Bilgin suggest, we could just keep camel-archetype-java
> as the pure Java archetype.
> Its kinda indicated by its name.
>
> btw the difference between camel-archetype-spring-java and
> camel-archetype-spring, would be that the both use Spring XML, but the
> former has a Camel route in Java DSL, and the latter a Camel route in
> XML DSL.
I would not create two archetypes for that. If you define the camel
context in spring it is trivial to add routes to it.
So I would have a Java Routebuilder in the spring archetype and people
who do not want it can simple delete it. Having two archetypes
will rather confuse people.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider