camel-dev mailing list archives

From Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] - Add camel-test-spring component
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2012 15:36:14 GMT
Ok, let me clarify, there are a few points made here. Making camel-test
standalone w/o spring dependencies is great, we should do that. Having a
camel-test-spring is ok too and as you mentioned the primary audience
for that would be Spring *users*. The point I was making is that,
internally, we should only use camel-test-spring for integration tests
(that's where we would 'eat our own dog food'), other than that it is
not necessary (maybe with very few exceptions, like jms) and we should
use just use camel-test (w/o spring).

As cmueller already mentioned, we badly need to improve the testing
time. As a very notable example, camel-cxf went for being the 4th test
time consuming component (16+ min) to test in a bit over 1 min all
thanks to dkulp's improvements. It's not only adding features that's
important.

Hadrian