camel-dev mailing list archives

From 3riverdev <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] - Camel Maven Archetype for Standalone Java
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2012 15:21:35 GMT

Claus Ibsen-2 wrote
> It is *not* trivial for people getting started with Camel to figure out
> how to use a Spring XML file for the regular Spring stuff.  And then how
> to add Camel in there, and use the Java DSL.

Fully agree with this.  We just started multiple new Camel projects w/ the
archetypes.  It was confusing when camel-archetype-java created the XML.  It
seems useless when all it would contain is a single <package>...</package>
declaration.  Having the pure Java version, with a Main, would make more
sense and save newbies some time.

Brett E. Meyer