camel-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Müller <>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] ASF Board Report - December 2011
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2011 16:05:59 GMT
I updated the board report after we finished some tasks and other input. At
present my proposal looks so:

h1. Status report for the Apache Camel project - December 2011

Apache Camel is a powerful open source integration framework based on known
Enterprise Integration Patterns.

Project Status
 * The project is healthy and continues to grow.
 * There are no issues that require the board attention.
 * We are still working on increasing diversity.

 * The community grows (489 subscribers to the users mailing list)
 * The community is active (909 mails on the users mailing list in
   November 2011 - 577 in the last board report for October 2011)
 * Apache Camel has been presented at ApacheCon in Vancouver by Hadrian
   and Daniel Kulp.
 * Set up back port guidelines for our maintenance branches.
   forwarded to have less noise on dev@.
 * No new committers since the last board report (November 2011)
 * No new PMC members since the last board report (November 2011)

Community Objectives
 * Our current objective is to release Camel 2.9.0 soon. We did a few
   preparations for bigger refactorings which we plan for Camel 3.0.0, added
   new components, fixed issues and added new features and improvements.
 * Our second objective is to start with the development for Camel 2.10.0 in
   the next days.
 * Besides all this we continues development with new features and fixes for
   the camel-2.7.x and 2.8.x maintenance branches.

Branding Status
 * Project Naming And Descriptions : Compliant
 * Website Navigation Links : Compliant
 * Trademark Attributions : Compliant
 * Logos and Graphics : Compliant
 * Project Metadata : Compliant