camel-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Kettelerij <>
Subject Re: [Discussion] Unify prefixes http, jetty, servlet?
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2011 21:35:42 GMT
Hi Christian,

I welcome every suggestion to simplify Camel but I'm not sure what benefit
this proposal will bring (considering the costs of maintaining backwards

More importantly I think you run the risk of introducing a "leaky
abstraction"( This proposal
hides the servlet and jetty concepts from the end user. Is that what we
really what? The user should still be aware he is using servlet/jetty
underneath since camel-servlet/camel-jetty need be available on the
classpath to get it all working. Also one should understand the
implications of servlet (i.e. the need to run Camel in a container) or
jetty to some extend when building integration solutions.

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 2:07 PM, Christian Schneider <