camel-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <>
Subject Convert IsSingleton and MultipleConsumersSupport to marker interfaces?
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2011 14:27:57 GMT
Hi, what would appear to be marker interfaces
org.apache.camel.IsSingleton[1] and
org.apache.camel.MultipleConsumersSupport[2] have seemingly redundant
isSingleton() and isMultipleConsumersSupported() methods -- wouldn't it
be better to remove those methods and make them pure marker/tagging
interfaces (removing them from those objects for which the above methods
would return false), and rely on instanceof() instead of calling those
boolean methods (a la org.apache.camel.ServicePoolAware[3]?)  I don't
know the reason for those boolean methods--a coding error or performance
decision (assuming there would be one) to have them.  I can supply a
patch if desired.

View raw message