camel-dev mailing list archives

From pglebow <pgle...@gmail.com>
Subject Enhancement - JdbcMessageIdRepository should be easy to extend so custom SQL and tables can be used
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2011 00:40:54 GMT
I've submitted a JIRA and a patch relating to JdbcMessageIdRepository in the
camel-sql component:

The existing JdbcMessageIdRepository is not compatible with MS SQL Server
(insert of a Timestamp is not supported by this database) and it was very
difficult to extend this class to change the SQL/table.  I've submitted a
patch that refactors the class to use an abstract base class.  This allows
others to easily extend the class to customize it to a specific environment.

To implement a custom message ID repository, only three methods need to be
implemented to perform the query, insert and delete operations.

The existing JdbcMessageIdRepository behavior is preserved and the unit test
passes after the change.  I hope this is useful to other users of Apache
Camel.  Happy Holidays!